As a starter, if you are planning to build your own garden but fear the consequences then here is the solution to your problem. There are many insects control devices available on the market to suit your garden and your requirement. Listed below are few of the most reliable and efficient greenhouse insect control devices:
- Sticky traps: These traps are the most popular defense used in almost all pest management programs. Sticky traps pull small insects and pests, specifically fungus gnats and white flies. However, most of these sticky straps are yellow in color because yellow color doesn’t attract beneficial insects much. All you have to do is place each trap at a distance of about 25-50 square feet.
- Sticky insect sensor cards: These cheap sticky traps are most preferred by pest management programs. These dual-sided sticky traps attract fungus gnats and white flies. It’s an ideal device for roses. The distance should be of about 7 feet between each trap.
- Blue sticky traps: These sticky traps successfully attract thrips and leafhoppers. These are also reliable for rose garden and hang at a distance of about 7 feet at the end of every row.
- Insecticides: They are like “atom bombs” for your garden that can effortlessly fight against insects and pests. They can battle with almost all insects and pests in your garden. They are said to work on almost 94 ornamental and 33 vegetable plants. There is huge variety of insecticides depending on the type of your garden.
- Dispensers: Dispensers can easily control pests and odor in your garden. It’s specifically designed for indoor or greenhouses. This insect control device is also used in homes, offices, hotels and motels and farms. It’s adjustable and works best with LED low aerosol indicator, LED low battery indicator and a test switch. It works with the help of batteries.
These are important tools you can consider to protect your plants and hydroponics garden from harmful pests, insects and diseases. There are different ways through which your plants enter the greenhouse; therefore, besides these devices, it’s very important that you maintain a hygienic atmosphere. This can be done by entering your greenhouse in clean clothes, washed hands, healthy new plants, clean tools and techniques, clean resources like water etc. Gardening can be fun with little care!