In this age of global warming, we all are aware of the importance of protecting our environment. This concept of eco-friendly movement is becoming popular among growers as well. Therefore, growing plants hydroponically is a preference among growers who find ways to protect the environment. Here are few advantages that hydroponic provides to the environment:
- First and foremost, one of the most important benefits of hydroponics is you can save water as this precious natural resource can be recycled or reused. There is no wastage of ground water here.
- The use of pesticides in hydroponics is comparatively less, almost 90% lesser than traditional plant-growing methods.
- The overall usage of fertilizers is 25% less than the amount used in soil irrigation.
- You can easily control the environment needed to grow plants in hydroponics therefore the risk of pollution and contamination is minimum.
- Hydroponics rarely uses anything that can contaminate the environment or surrounding unlike factory farms.
- Without much use of pesticides or insecticides hydroponics can successfully offer ten times more production than the natural growing environment.
- You can easily grow hydroponic plants in limited land available to you, i.e. either indoors or outdoors. The shortage of land doesn’t stop the crop production in hydroponics.
- In hydroponics there is no risk of destruction of your plants due to natural calamities like naturally grown crops.
- As hydroponics means controlled and sustained method of growing plants the chances of infestation are nil.
- There is nothing called land erosion in hydroponics as plants are grown without soil.
- The fruits and vegetables grown are tastier and healthier for consumers as there is minimum use of pesticides.
- Because hydroponic growing can be done anywhere and everywhere the total cost of transportation is radically reduced.
Hydroponics is an advanced method of growing plants. The progress of this method has been rapid with proven best results. It’s considered as the most practical method of growing plants with numerous advantages to the grower as well as the environment. It promises higher yields and possibility of growing plants where natural growing or gardening is out of question. It is guaranteed a controlled environment growing method and you can simply go green!