Drip system works best with a network of mainlines, lateral lines and sub-mains. Drip system consistently controls the application of nutrients, water and other essential elements of growth substances into the root zone. The water and nutrients are supplied to the plants through emitters. With the help of these emitters nutrients are forced into the root zone with force. The force ensures that your plants never suffer from any kind of stress.
Drip system is an ideal hydroponics systems that enhances the growth and quality of your plants. It also promotes high yields. Drip irrigation or drip system is a hydroponic system that helps save water, which is a precious natural resource today. Listed below are a few benefits of drip irrigation:
- Drip system helps increase yield by approximately 150 percent more than normal irrigation.
- Compare to any other hydroponic system, drip system saves water by 70%.
- The growth is consistent and uniform with healthier looking plants.
- Because there is early growth of plants the returns on investment is also faster.
- The overall efficiency of fertilizers increases by 30%.
- The total cost of fertilizers, labor and inter-culturing is reduced and thus making it an efficient and cost effective system.
- With the help of drip system you can cultivate crops without worrying about water supply or water logging.
- The nutrients used in drip irrigation can be reused because it’s a low pressure system.
Drip system is compatible with most of the commonly used growing medium. A faster draining medium (like clay pellets) will need faster dripping emitters (or more of them per plant) whereas a slower draining medium (like Rockwool) would use slower dripping emitters. Rockwool is the standard medium which is generally used in Drip system. You can also consider using clay pellets or lava chips. Controlling the flow of the nutrient solution becomes difficult and thereby clogging the emitters. This is a major down side for most drip hydroponic systems. This issue becomes even more predominant in homemade hydroponic systems. Also, keep in mind that organic nutrients are not very compatible with this system as the smaller particles used in this system tends to clog the system.
There are various hydroponics systems available on the market that are available to control and fulfill the basic requirements of your plants. Drip system helps provide your plants with proper water supply by adequate sprinkling, draining and aerating to encourage your plants to thrive. The plants are individually supplied with nutrient solution through pre-set timers attached to them. You can easily grow herbs, peppers and tomatoes. Drip Systems are used to grow herbs, tomatoes, or peppers and the whole system can be placed indoor if you are using grow lights. This system is extremely prevalent in European countries. With very little chances of fungi and bacteria infecting the system, drip system is considered as one of the most reliable hydroponic system.