Indoor gardening, whether done in commercial or non-commercial setups, demands some amount of time and effort on your behalf as a grower. Because indoor hydroponic garden operates in a fully controlled environment, everything needs to be adjusted manually. You have to constantly supervise your garden and monitor various climatic conditions at regular intervals to ensure that temperature; light etc. is maintained at appropriate levels. However, due to the advancement in technology you can automate the whole climate control system in your indoor garden. This will drastically reduce the number of visits to your indoor hydroponic garden. A good climate control system will help you improve yield phenomenally and provide your plants with steady growing conditions consistently.
An ideal climate controller
It’s not easy to select a good and reliable control device. Here, it becomes very important to set your priorities right, which will depend wholly on the nature of your garden and kind of plants you have in your indoor garden. Decide in advance on the parameters which are vital for your plant and you wish to regulate in your garden. For instance, temperature, CO2 concentration, humidity, light etc. Keep yourself updated about the new control devices available on the market that fits the bill and your garden requirements. A good controller should be able to control the heat, CO2 generation, dehumidification, air-conditioning etc. It’s a bit expensive but worth an investment!
Following is the list of various kinds of climate controllers available on the market:
- Carbon dioxide generator: It comes with CO2 emitter.
- Carbon dioxide monitors and controllers: These CO2 controllers have CO2 test kits, CO2 monitors and CO2 digital sequencer.
- Ducting adaptors: This will give you a combination of aluminum non-insulated ducting, duct adapters for fans and reflectors, duct reducers, duct connectors and duct hose clamps made of stainless steel.
- Fans: They are responsible for maintaining circulation in your greenhouse. They come with exhaust fans and blowers, inline duct fans and booster fans and circulation fans.
- Fan speed controllers: These controllers will give you one adjustable fan speed controller and easily adjustable motor controller.
- Other: You can also choose from other controllers that concentrate on more than one parameter like multi-function climate controllers, temperature and humidity controllers and reliable timers.
Specific, integrated and coordinated modular controllers
Depending on your budget and need you can decide whether you want a specific controller or an integrated controller. While specific controller will concentrate only on one parameter, for instance temperature controller will only concentrate on the adjustment of temperature and no other parameter, an integrated controller is multifunctional. It can easily adjust more than one parameter, for instance, temperature and humidity controllers. Modular controllers are quite intense; they’ll work on different aspects of a single parameter, like a single temperature controller will take care of circulation, heating and cooling of your garden.
Simplify automation with timers
Timers help to monitor the control device as and when needed. Based on the completion of cycle or time of the day, a timer activates or deactivates the controller to create healthy atmosphere for the plants. An ideal timer would concentrate on the device and adjust the irrigation and lighting cycles to protect your hydroponics equipment and plants. All you have to do is set a proper level to avoid constant starting and stopping of the climate-correcting device. Because the levels are preset the timer has nothing to do with the existing garden conditions. Timers successfully promote stable gardening atmosphere.