Why L-Amino acid for your grow room?
Growers like you are interested in being on the cutting edge of hydroponics growing and make use of superior quality nutrients for their grow room. However, many growers, on this quest for the nutrients that will give them the best results, are a little unsure of what exactly constitutes “the best.” But with a little exploring and experimentation, you should be able to find the products that provide ingredients beneficial for your plants growth. One such important component is Amino Acid that help plants combat stress, increase root mass, trigger plants’ natural defense mechanism, stimulate essential metabolic activity, and promote nutrient absorption.
Here is the Amino Acid chemistry explained in detail……
Amino Acids, the building block of proteins play key role in plants including acting as regulatory and signaling molecule. Proteins are the currency of life and consist of long chains of smaller amino acid units. They perform endless task and functions within both plants and animals. Proteins are of great nutritional value and are directly involved in the chemical processes essential for growth. They are made up of only L- amino acid. L and D- amino acids are basically mirror images and similar in appearance but with a significant difference; L forms are key component to protein moiety.
Plants can manufacture their own amino acids through chemical reaction using considerable amount of energy. Carbohydrates, produced during photosynthesis are converted to complex organic compound through respiration and amino acids are released by addition of absorbed nitrogen. The process involves conversion of nitrate into nitrite and ammonium, with release of an organic molecule mainly glutamic acid. Synthesis of all amino acids is mediated in the presence of this molecule by a process known as transamination. The free amino acid is used by plants to make proteins, enzymes, chlorophyll and other organic compounds.
The complete phenomenon of amino acid production is energy consuming. But, when under stress, plants are unable to perform their normal function and synthesize amino acids. This stress may either stop photosynthesis completely or may decrease carbohydrate and protein production simultaneously. Thus, it’s essential to relive the plants from this strain and maintain uniform and healthier progeny throughout the growing season. Application of amino acids externally at this phase through fertilizers/ nutrients helps combat stress and spare energy for other physiological functions. Absorption of amino acids in plants is simple and can be easily achieved through leaves as well as roots.
Let’s summarize the key benefits of this miraculous compound:
- Enhances the bulking up and blooming up process-Certain amino acids (asparagines, aspartate, glutamate, glycine, and serine) increases flowering percentage and retard the regression of floral buds.
- Resistance to abiotic stress-Plants combines cysteine and glycine together to form glutathione, which correlates with the adaptation of plants to extremes of temperature, and tolerance of plants to xenobiotics, biotic, and abiotic environmental stress.
- Provide essential nutrients for plant growth– Amino acids provide nitrogen, essential for health and growth of plants.
- Activators of phytohormones– Cytokinins and gibberellins are activated and are said to increase size, density, weight, and number of flowers and fruits.
- Photosynthesis– Plants synthesize sugars from carbon dioxide and water during the process of photosynthesis. The sugars (carbohydrates) are then used by plant as a source of energy for other metabolic processes. Amino acids-L-Glycine and L-Glutamic acid mediate this process and are essential metabolites for chlorophyll synthesis and tissue formation. These amino acids raise the concentration of chlorophyll in plants.
- Effect enzymatic activity– Application of amino acid can affect activities of enzymes of nitrogen assimilation and increase growth.
So, why not look for nutrients which has L-amino acids as a principle component and change the facade of your grow room.